Friday, September 2, 2011

Welcome to my Mind

This is the first of my blogs and hopefully I get this figured out well enough to continue to post.  Just to introduce you to my mind, let me start with a little background.
I suffer from Lyme Disease and have had it for more than 30 years.
I hate injustice, that means any group or subject.
I'm a mother of three children all grown up and on their own.
I'm a grandmother of 6 beautiful grandchildren.
I most definitely have an opinion on just about everything but I love a good discussion and do allow for a change of mind about the subject if you make a good enough point.
Music is my escape from reality.
I figure that this blog of mine will be a daily (hopefully) chat of what's on my mind at that moment. Hopefully this will be a positive experience for those reading this as well as for my self.  Right now my main focus is Lyme Disease and trying to get the word out to the ends of the earth.

Ciao for now everyone, Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. today hurt.......I had to face the truth about one of my medical providers, and my husband was with me to confirm how I already felt. I thought this provider was informed, concerned and had a great reverence for people fighting Lyme and the co-infections.I had questions about some symptoms I had, about why I had not been tested for some of the co-infections, why I did not have a comprehensive sort of knowledge about my treatment plan, about how to properly take meds,just many little things that have not been answered, or tested for. It had been bothering me for some time now, and I guess I asked the provider questions, and they got a little ego-consumed, and did not like my questions. I think she sort of fired me............it hurt, and why do I have to ask these questions to be sure that I have comprehensive care. I don't want to go in there, listen to the provider talk, ask a few questions, and after my time is up,she heads for the door...(signal that my time is up). I was so sad, felt defeated and wondered if she did this to others with Lyme. Lets try this med, so cavalier, this is my life, I thoughtt....I want health, I WANT HEALTH....DON'T KNOW IF YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CAN GET ME THERE......I am sad tonight, with a childlike mentality thinking that all LL Doctors are good at what they do, but unfortunately, not so.......truth from a Lyme Patient, at least how I see it. I am sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous, We all have a child like faith in our doctors and it's so sad that we have such a rude awakening about that. Any time a doctor declares he/she is Lyme Literate, ask where they received their training. I have heard one story after another of doctors claiming that but swear by the standard of care the IDSA promotes which basically treat for a couple of weeks and if not better, refer the patient to someone else (like a psychologist or therapist). I posted links to some very valuable information on how to get better help. you might check the 'International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society' And then look at the links for the state you are in or nearest to. Sorry you've lost faith, but always look forward to what other resources there are out there. ((hugs)) to you and wishes for better health soon.

    ReplyDelete

I value your input so don't be shy.